Saving your family legacy with Photo Organizing Solutions
Hi! I am Sue Thornton
Photo Organizing Solutions was started in 2013 as a direct need of family members and close friends who needed to find a way to save their personal photographs. We are dedicated to helping you to organize and preserve your photos for future family members. Family legacy is very important to us. We can show you how to organize, categorize, tag, and file photos for easy retrieval.
Services that we offer
- Journals & Planners
- Digital and Photo Organization
- Digital Photo Books and Gifts
- Archival Products
- Scanning Services
New items available through Amazon.com and also LuLu.com (book publishers)
- Journals – Day to Day, Fall Season, Christmas Season
- Health Journals
I can help you with organizing your printed photographs and your digital ones. Digital photography has become the form most of us are more familiar with especially with digital cameras replacing film, and smart phones that can take pictures anywhere we go. Where are your photographs? In boxes located in the attic, garage or in a closet? We can help you organize them.
If you have been on a great vacation, or had a family event (wedding, birthday, anniversary) having a special memory book made of that occasion helps keep the event alive. There are so many photo gifts that can be made with your photos. I have been working the same supplier for 3 years and they stand by their work.
- Memory Books
- Cuttin Boards
- Home Décor
- And much more..
There are several sizes of archival safe products. These boxes can be used for 4 x 6 photos, or you can get one that will hold page size documents. The paper used in these are acid free and will save your prints and negatives.
- 4 x 6 Archive Kit holds up to 900 prints
- Metal Edged 4 x 6 Archive Kit holds up to 1005 prints
- Metal Edged QPO 4 x 6 holds up to 1200 prints
- Document Boxes is a fast and convenient file search box without removing them (letter & legal size)
- Can be included with your order
All scanning of prints is done at 300 dpi unless you specify a differently. We use the Kodak Alaris PS50 high speed scanner and flat bed for all jobs. This is top of the line equipment and gives the best results. We also scan negatives and slides for you.
- Platinum Service
- White gloves used to handle all prints
- Print scans oriented the correct way
- Print scans renamed based on your recommendations
- Print scans secured via at least two backup methods
Some of the projects that I have been involved in with clients can be doing something very quick and easy or something that takes a lot of time to complete. I have made a calendar for a couple celebrating their first anniversary, a special trip to Europe, a 50th High School Reunion Book, a graduation book and short video, and a slide show for a Preschool graduation.
When working with printed photos that need to be scanned and organized, there are several steps to start with.
- Sort the photos by year, event, or person
- Once sorted with dividers in place, scan the items
- After scanning label the dividers to be the same as the digital file.
- These simple steps will make it easier for you to find those photos whenever needed!
What our clients say
It has been a pleasure in working with Sue on all of my photo projects. I have hired Sue a few times to capture vacation photos in a hard cover book form.
Sue was completely professional in every aspect, from the initial meeting to delivery of the final product. Quality work for a very fair price.
I have had the privilege of working with Sue. She is efficient, professional and has a passion for helping others.